Alexander Kohnke is a San Diego-based artist and graphic designer (originally from Germany) whose work incorporates a variety of different disciplines and genres, from printmaking to drawing to photography. Alex and I had a great conversation about his artistic process, especially about the value of randomness and how that interacts with intention. In the second segment we talked about politics.
(Recorded September 21, 2016)
- Alexander Kohnke
- Keep the Channel Open - Episode 14: Pastilla
- Alexander Kohnke - Untitled Dots 15 x 22
- Alexander Kohnke - A-A-Alpha-B ___Bet
- This American Life - Episode 596: Becoming a Badger
- Stranger Things
- Denis Johnson - Jesus' Son
- The Mountain Goats - All Hail West Texas
- 2016 Southern California/Baja Biennial - San Diego Art Institute
- Airlock Gallery
About the Show:
Keep the Channel Open is a bi-weekly podcast featuring in-depth conversations with artists, writers, and curators. The show is hosted by San Diego-based photographer and writer Mike Sakasegawa.