Photographer Drew Nikonowicz ruffled a few feathers at the 2015 Medium Festival of Photography with his series This World and Others Like It, but far from being put off by a divided audience, Drew looked at it as an opportunity to have a conversation. In this week's episode we talked about his work, photographic manipulations, and photographic truth. In the second segment we talked about video games, and how online and gaming experiences can be just as real and meaningful as those in "real life."
- Drew Nikonowicz
- This World and Others Like It
- Drew Nikonowicz: 2015 Portfolio Prize Winner
- Drew Nikonowicz: Lenscratch Student Prize 1st Place
- Drew Nikonowicz's Lecture at the 2015 Medium Festival of Photography San Diego
- René Magritte - The Treachery of Images
- Chris Engman
- Maggie Taylor
- Taryn Simon - TED: Photographs of secret sites
- Drew's Twitter
- Drew's Tumblr
About the Show:
Keep the Channel Open is a bi-weekly podcast featuring in-depth conversations with artists, writers, and curators. The show is hosted by San Diego-based photographer and writer Mike Sakasegawa.